21 mei, 2011

Task English: Footprint calculator

I've calculated my Footprint on this site. You've to answer some questions about your food, stuff and the way you travel. My results weren't that good and I'm not proud of it. I'm living as if we had 2,28 planets. But unfortunately we only have one planet. They've also calculated my carbon footprint, which is 8,47 tonnes per annum.  I had 21% for food, 39% for stuff, 23% for travel and 17% for home.

At first I couldn't believe that my resulst was so bad. I travel a lot by train which is far better than by car. And when I've to go to somewhere then I'll always go by bus or bike. We bought a lot of electronic stuff so I guess that's the reason why my footprint is so high. I don't know what I can do to decrease my footprint. Maybe I've to make my own vegetables. Or maybe I should eat less meat or something.

I checked this movie on YouTube of a low impact man. I was surprised of this man. He dumped a lot of his elektric stuff. Even his TV! He's crazy. He goes on foot to a container park to dump his garbage. He does everything to save gas and elektricity.

I can't live on this way. Sometimes I've to take a warm bath or to eat some junk food. And I really need to travel by train and car. Otherwise I can't play basketball. I can't imagine me a life like that. I need a bit of luxury and I think that my parents and me do enough for the nature.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten